Research Manager - Consumer
30th January 2024Apply
We have a great opportunity for a Research Manager to join our team working with a diverse range of clients across the financial, automotive, and travel industries. From globally renowned companies to innovative emerging brands, we are proud of our expanding client portfolio. Our mission is to help all clients understand their customers, regardless of their industry.
You’ll need a passion for exploring new ideas and techniques in Market Research, along with solid experience in a commercial environment. We are looking for someone who is genuinely curious about client’s issues, capable of turning findings into insights, and interested in building client relationships.
As a Research Manager, you will work on a variety of quantitative projects and with the Qual team on those that are mixed methodology. We use creative and exciting tools to go the extra mile for our clients to ensure smooth and seamless work. You will be given the autonomy to use your research and sector knowledge, as well as have access to industry-leading research methodologies, tools, techniques, and proprietary thinking.
We have a strong team ethos, and you will receive plenty of support and be given challenging opportunities. You will have many chances for growth and development through on-the-job training and our Walnut Learning & Development initiatives.
If you have a hunger to better understand people and a desire to help brands help us all, get in touch. If you are an experienced Research Manager or Senior Research Executive looking to take the next step in your career, we encourage you to apply.
We offer Hybrid working, which for us is a blend of working remotely and in either our London or Winchester office. It’s all about choosing the best place to be for you, your team, and the business on any given working day.
In this role you will get to:
- Efficiently and creatively plan and manage medium sized research projects, and support on larger scale projects to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Be involved in designing proposals, either as part of a team or lead with support of senior team members.
- Create engaging presentations, write commercially focused commentary and recommendations, and confidently present the findings.
- Supervise and develop junior researchers through regular feedback, and when appropriate, provide line management and conduct appraisals.
- Support the team’s business development strategy and collaborate with people around the agency to nurture both existing and new client accounts.
- Learn about the role of neuroscience within research and behavioural science and receive support in applying these techniques.
Who will you be?
- An experienced Research Manager or Senior RE (agency or client-side) working on quantitative projects of various sizes.
- You’ll have a solid understanding and experience with various research techniques, with a passion for exploring new ideas and techniques.
- Fascinated with how financial services/automotive/ travel industries can best understand their customers.
- A clear communicator, both verbal and written, along with solid numerical and analytical abilities, you’ll enjoy interaction with people and working collaboratively as part of a team.
- You’ll have a creative spark and a genuine desire to present our findings in a compelling way.
- Flexible, with the ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively as part of a high-performing team.
- A motivated self-starter, approaching tasks with a determined mindset and eagerness to learn from new challenges.
- Eager to jump in, have a can-do attitude and relish the chance to tackle new challenges.
- Naturally inquisitive, genuinely interested in understanding human behaviour and investigating it.
- A problem solver, approaching challenges creatively and striving to find solutions.
- Organised, paying strong attention to detail and demonstrating excellent time management skills.
- Adaptable, comfortable working in various industries, projects, and with different research methodologies
At Walnut Unlimited, we’re not just your average research agency. We’re the Human Understanding agency, dedicated to going above and beyond.
Here, we believe in:
- Respect – Respect for self, for each other and the work that we do.
- Spark – Demonstrate spark-y, charismatic, positive & energetic behaviour.
- Courage – Brave and bold. Prepared to stretch self and boundaries.
- Collaboration – Partnership with colleagues, suppliers and clients to achieve the best outcome.
- Evolution – Evolve with the times, market trends, staff, clients and consumers.
We’ll give you:
- 25 Days’ Holiday per annum + Flex Bank Holidays
- Christmas Closure, Birthday and Volunteer Day
- Flexible Hybrid working, Work Abroad
- Contributory Pension, Life Assurance, Eye Tests, Flu Jab
- Cycle to work and Electric car Scheme
Need a flavour of what to expect as part of our team, visit out Instagram channel @WalnutUnlimited to see what we’re up to…
Our people are key to our success. Human understanding is what we do, both in terms of understanding people but also understanding our people. Whether this is investing in training and development, improving staff benefits or funding a really great day out, people are the heart and soul of everything we do.
A Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work for, we help brands connect with people, by understanding people. We believe that interpreting human behaviour is as much an art as it is a science. Walnut uses market research techniques to understand what we think, how we feel and, most importantly, why.
Blending neuroscience, behavioural science and data science, we uncover the truth behind our human experiences.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community. All candidates will be considered equally, however, unfortunately we are unable to offer sponsorship. As an equal opportunities workplace, we have a commitment to ensuring equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, socio-economic status, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, neuro divergence, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. Whether you’re just getting your foot in the door, or you are an experienced employee whose life circumstances are shifting, we are committed to creating a workplace that reflects the world we want to live in and are therefore flexible to accommodate each individual’s needs as best as we can.
Interested in this role?
Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple