Trainee Data Services Executive
9th February 2024Apply
We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Services Trainee to join our team. If you’re looking for a new challenge and are eager to grow your career in the field of Data with a genuine passion for Market Research, then this could be the perfect role for you.
You will be helping the Researchers in the implementation of consumer research studies, working with some of our big brand clients. You’ll assist in the collection and analysis of data for researchers to provide client insights.
If you are highly numerate, with a love of Data and want to start your career in Data Analysis with a supportive team and the opportunity to grow, we’d love to hear from you.
Specifically, you will:
- Design survey collection, using survey software platforms
- Provide accurate and quality survey scripts to timescales and specifications
- Take responsibility for assisting the collection and analysis of data for our researchers to provide insight to our clients
- Provide general data analysis of data research projects, using our in-house programmes, Quantum, Visual Basic and Excel
- Work with our researchers to deliver analysis using various software solutions
- Deliver survey and data tables to specifications
- Further develop your awareness of the range of research techniques available
Who will you be?
- You will have a genuine interest in Market Research, a true passion for Data and be looking to start your career within a data service role.
- You’ll be highly numerate with a knowledge of Excel, and a good eye for detail, ideally with some experience of identifying trends and patterns of information.
- Ideally, you’ll have GCSE’s in Mathematics and English, with good Excel Skills, a knowledge of Visual Basic, Quantum and Confirmit for scripting surveys would be great too.
- A high attention for details is a must have and you’ll be organised with a methodical approach.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to explain analysis in a clear and concise manner.
- You’ll be a good listener, and be able to contribute to team meetings, as well as to building a positive team culture.
- Effective time management is key, to deliver multiple tasks, with the ability to prioritise and sequence your workload.
- You’ll be a self-starter with the commitment and flexibility to be part of a strong team.
- Most importantly, you will be eager to learn, and looking forward to working with some of the best in the business.
What we offer you…
We believe in Hybrid working, which for us is a blend of working remotely and in the office in Winchester. This role we’d expect to see you in the office 2-3 days per week. It’s all about choosing the best environment for you, your team, your manager and the business on any given working day…
- Flexible hybrid working
- 25 Days’ Holiday per annum
- Flex Bank Holidays
- Christmas Closure, Birthday and Volunteer Day
- Contributory Pension, Life Assurance, Eye Tests, Flu Jab
- Cycle to work, Electric car, and Work Abroad Schemes
We are Walnut Unlimited: the human understanding agency. Not just researchers, we’re human behaviour experts and attentive consultants.
We are leading the way in blending the latest research techniques and approaches to really understand what people think, say and do. Whether that is applying neuroscience, behavioural science or simply different ways of approaching problems, we are constantly looking for ways to better understand human behaviour.
Respect – Respect for self, for each other and the work that we do.
Spark – Demonstrate spark-y, charismatic, positive & energetic behaviour. (can-do / will-do / go-getting).
Courage – Brave and bold. Prepared to stretch self and boundaries.
Collaboration – Partnership across colleagues, across the Group, with suppliers and clients to achieve the best outcome.
Evolution – Evolve with the times, market trends, staff, clients and consumers.
Need a flavour of what to expect as part of our team? Visit out Instagram feed @WalnutUnlimited or our LinkedIn page (https://www.linkedin.com/company/walnut-ltd/) to see what we’re up to…
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community. All candidates will be considered equally, however, unfortunately we are unable to offer sponsorship.
Interested in this role?
Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple